At Vesta, we continually seek out new ways to minimize our environmental impact. Why? Because it’s the right thing to do — now and for future generations.
At Vesta, wwe believe that access to nature is critical for vibrant, healthy living. That’s why our master planned neighbourhoods always incorporate a broad range of green initiatives.
Community Detention Ponds that incorporate eco swales to preserve and enhance natural habitats while providing nutrients for downstream fish.
Innovative landscaping that uses indigenous, water-wise plantings and trees to conserve water.
Greenways, trails and walking paths that meander throughout each community — connecting homeowners to school services and nature right from their front door.
THOUGHTFUL NEIGHBOURHOOD PLANNING
We believe amenities that encourage community living are an important aspect of any truly sustainable development. When everything you need is close to home, people not only drive less but experience a more social, engaged lifestyle. Here are a few of the ways we do it.
- We build amenities like parks, and playgrounds right into the neighbourhoods we create.
- We incorporate greenway trails for walking, running and biking so it’s easier than ever to stay fit.
- We create schools, shopping, and recreation right into our developments, all close to public transporatation.
Visit our Neighbourhoods Now Selling page to learn more about the specific sustainability features in each Vesta neighbourhood and to find the perfect home for you.
EFFICIENT, MINDFUL BUILDING PRACTICES
- Every Vesta home is built with energy efficient products and eco-friendly design.
- All homes are constructed to meet Step 2 of the BC Energy Step Code.
- Our “dig once” building practice reduces waste accumulation and air pollution from truck traffic.
- We use exclusively Energy Star appliances, Low-E windows and R20 wall insulation.
- Low flow showerheads, toilets and faucets that reduce water consumption are standard in every home.
- We reduce, recycle and reuse as much as possible, because landfills don’t need any more stuff in them.